It’s FRIDAYY! Now I don’t know about you, but I look forward to Fridays on Mondays ha! Even better, it is Labor Day weekend which means three days of binge watching TV. LOL. I hope you all have a fun-filled Labor Day weekend.
Today’s post basically speaks to young professionals that enjoy wearing cute summer essentials to the office. Now some office settings can be super conservative and have different policies on dress code that disregard the art in dressing up. Leave it up to these offices. It does not hurt to spice up your office attire with color pops, florals and anything bold for that matter that screams summer please. It might not get you a salary raise, but it sure will have heads turning. I consider myself a young professional as you all know, am in graduate school and work as well.
Now having to work in an office where you get chills from the moment you step in at 9am to 5pm everyday, can be such a stretch if you plan on wearing your new summer closet editions. I know, I have been there. I have found myself in the past debating on ditching wearing the perfect summer look to the office and opting for a less fun look because of room temperature issues. Here are some suggestions for the average office chick.
- You can wear a long-sleeved printed top with fun embroidery by the arms and back similar to this look alternative here . This is a great alternative to a short-sleeved blouse. Also, a long-sleeved mid dress in this pattern is another option for this style. Add some cute pumps and accessorize with a cute tote that is not too shouting as the pattern will do that for you. Remember, you are in an office setting so less is more.
- A light cardigan with embellished jewels will compliment a cute summer dress at the office. J.Crew is famous for creating office friendly cardigans with exquisite styles for a stylish girl.
- A female tuxedo/suit in several patterns and prints is a great office look for a girl who loves to dominate office dialogue. Express has a variety of colors and patterns for female office suits.
- Blazers are a girl’s best friend for their versatility and style. Throw this on any look at the office to stay chic and elegant.
- Color blocking in structured mid dresses and skirts will bring out the best summer experience for any young professional. Work with proportion by adding accessories that will balance your look. A chunky necklace on a color blocking dress will get you extra vibrance and sophistication.
I wore a suede skirt alternative here for this look because suede absorbs heat. Suede skirts especially mid-skirts will help you stay fabulous and warm in a cold office. Consider wearing vibrant suede skirts with tops in warm tones and add a statement piece (necklace or bag) to finish the look off.